Toggle ItemCall 911
If you feel you are not safe, are in physical danger, inured or need immediate assistance please call 911. This will connect you to local community law enforcement.
If on campus or BYU property (residence halls, sports fields etc.) you can also call BYU police emergency dispatch at 801-422-222 for immediate assistance.
During business hours feel free to contact BYU Survivor Advocacy Services directly at: 801-422-9071 or contact BYU Survivor Advocacy Services confidential secretary, Sheri Knight at 801-422-2687 and she will connect you with the Advocates.
Toggle ItemCrisis Hotlines
If you feel you are safe and not in immediate danger but need help and would like to talk to someone please call the following confidential hotlines:
- The Refuge (formerly The Center for Women in Crisis)
- Sexual Assault hotline – 801-356-2511, available 24/7
- Domestic Violence hotline – 801-377-5500, available 24/7
- RAINN (Rape Abuse & Incest National Network) (24-Hour Crisis Line: 1-800-656-HOPE (4673))
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline (1-800-799-7233)
Toggle ItemHelp with Emergency Medical Attention
The hospital will arrange for an advocate from ‘The Refuge’ to meet you at the ER to help support you, provide resources and help with any other needs you have at the time.
(Access the Emergency Department via the entrance off 300 West)
The hospital can help with medical needs as well as arrange for a forensic examination if you wish to do so.