What to Expect
- Upon arrival at the CAPS front desk, you will be greeted by the receptionist who will let the advocate know you are here.
- The receptionist will provide you with intake paperwork for you to fill out and a confidentiality statement for you to read.
- The advocate will come meet you in reception and take you back to their office.
- Once in their office, the advocate will review the confidentiality statement with you and give you an opportunity to ask any questions that you may have about confidentiality.
- You and the advocate will then have a conversation about your particular circumstances. Assault can be difficult to talk about so the advocate will provide emotional support and help you through the process.
- The role of the advocate is to provide resources and options for you. While advocates are happy to discuss pros and cons of various options, you will make all decisions about your care and needs moving forward.